The arrival of spring is the perfect time for cleaning- and for fire safety checks too! Fire safety assessment in your home prevents fire and creates a safer environment for you and your family.
Protect your family and your home with these helpful fire safety tips:
- Make sure that all unnecessary electric appliances are unplugged especially when leaving the house.
- Keep portable fire extinguishers in different parts of the house and be sure to know how it works.
- Make fire safety inspection a routine, ideally a part of your springtime routine.
- Inspect electrical wiring for damage and make any necessary repairs.
- Make a fire escape plan. Talk with family members and discuss sure ways to prevent house fire. Educate each member about what to do, all the possible exits and how to contact emergency hotlines and family members in case of fire. Make sure your baby sitter or caregiver is aware of your emergency plan.
- Install smoke and carbon monoxide alarms on every floor of your home.
- Inspect smoke and carbon monoxide detectors to make sure yoursmoke alarm is functioning properly. Change batteries once every year and keep the device clean.
In an event of a fire, the American Red Cross advises to:
GET OUT, STAY OUT and CALL for help.
Strauss Security Solutions has an alarm system to fit your needs and budget. Strauss will service or install a security system in Des Moines or anywhere throughout Iowa.[Fire Safety Image Source]